How to outsmart fake news in your Facebook feed
1. Does the story come from a strange URL?
2. Does the headline match the information in the article?
3. Is it a recent story, or an old one that has been re-purposed?
4. Are the supporting videos or photos verifiable?
5. Does the article cite primary sources?
6. Does the story feature quotes, and are they traceable?
7. Is it the only outlet reporting the story?
8. Is your own bias getting in the way?
9. Has it been debunked by a reputable fact-checking organization?
10. Is the host on a list of unreliable news websites?
Published at Fri, 18 Nov 2016 20:21:18 +0000